Diane Cossie from Creative Online Marketing gave us her Top 10 Facebook Marketing tips for your business at this month’s Telford and Wrekin WIRE meeting at The Marches Hub, Priorslee in Telford.
With most female small business owners understanding the power of using social media but not really having a grasp on how to use it effectively, Diane’s experience in this area gave us some great pointers on what to “do and say” on Facebook.
Facebook marketing is a huge subject and as an organic and ever evolving media platform Diane encouraged us to just dive in start using Facebook in our marketing mix with her 30 Day Facebook Marketing Challenge which starts on 1st April 2016.
Facebook Is A Relationship Platform
Which means that ladies are more naturally gifted than men when it comes to using Facebook marketing as a media platform for their business.
That is good news for the growing number of female entrepreneurs looking to start-up or grow their business in 2016, hundreds of which will be attending the next WIRE Conference Event on 6th April 2016 (9.00am to 4.00pm) at Harper Adams University, Newport in Shropshire.
Diane shared some staggering statistics with us at the start of her talk about Facebook today:-
- 1 in 7 people on the planet are on Facebook for over 20 minutes a day.
- Facebook is approaching the 2 billion user level very shortly.
- There are over 1 billion people JUST in Facebook Groups.
- The Facebook “Like” button is clicked 4.2 billion times a day!
Diane’s Top 10 Facebook Marketing Tips
These came fast and furious during the talk but were very enlightening in ways that can only come from someone who is responsible for over 20,000 Facebook Likes in several niches that are growing every day using primarily Facebook as a media platform.
- Ideally you should be posting 2-4 times per day, every day
- You should use the 80/20 rule for increasing ENGAGEMENT
- Make it easy on yourself by creating a tip for the day to get started.
- Create a PINTEREST board for collecting ideas, content and inspiration.
- Make use of scheduling tools to schedule up your social media the day before.
- Talk back to people who Like and leave comments on your posts.
- Stop trying to sell something every time you post something on your Facebook page.
- Create a TIPS series that demonstrates your expertise in your niche.
- Use One Note, Evernote or Word to record your status updates for the next 12 months.
- Watch what type of content people RESPOND to and SHARE (then create more of that)
You Were Invited To Join In The 30 Day Facebook Challenge
If you have a Facebook page for your business but don’t know where to start when it comes with “what to say” or “what to do” with it then Diane was offering coaching style daily tips to help you start the Facebook habit and sticke with it with her 30 Day Facebook Marketing Challenge which started on Friday 1st April 2016.
Although the challenge is now over, you can still access some of Diane’s Facebook strategies and approaches in her Free Report which you can download by clicking here or on the image below.
Join Us At Our Next Meeting For A Warm Welcome
Thanks again to our network leaders Lena Churm and Sandra Owen, for making our networking meetings friendly & inspiring.
Whichever networking group you love to be a part of, we are all ladies in business together, who can learn from one another and support one another in ways only networking can so.